Alert: Help for members impacted by the Wildfires in the California counties of El Dorado and Siskiyou
A state of emergency has been declared in some California counties due to the effects of wildfires in the area. There have been revised medical and pharmacy guidelines implemented to help our members in this area get the care they may need. The revised guidelines include:
- Affected members can see any physician necessary to provide them access to care.
- All urgent care and emergency claims will be paid as in-network, regardless of whether or not the health care provider is in-network.
- Those on a prescription drug plan and have lost or damaged medication, can get refills at any pharmacy now.
- Medical equipment (also called Durable Medical Equipment or DME) can be replaced if it was lost or damaged.
- Claims filing deadlines will be extended.
- Waiving the notification penalty on utilization management (UM) review of in-hospital cases.
These guidelines are for members impacted and living in the California counties of El Dorado and Siskiyou. They will be in effect immediately through October 2nd, 2014 — but could be extended as the need arises.