IMPORTANT! The C.A.R. Anthem Blue Cross health plans are available state wide and use the large Anthem Blue Cross Prudent Buyer PPO and CaliforniaCare HMO networks. These plans and networks are not available in the Individual or Covered CA markets.
Unlike Individual plans and Covered California, the C.A.R. group Anthem plan uses the Anthem Blue Cross Small Group Prudent Buyer PPO and CaliforniaCare HMO networks. These are much larger networks than you would have access to outside of the C.A.R. plan. To look up providers for Anthem Blue Cross, follow these instructions:
1. Visit www.anthem.com/ca
2. Scroll down to “Find a doctor” and click the link.
3. Scroll down and choose “Search by Selecting a Plan or Network”
4. To search, answer these questions:
• What type of care are you searching for? MEDICAL
• What state do you want to search in? CALIFORNIA
• What type of plan do you want to search with? MEDICAL (Employer-Sponsored)
• Select a plan/network – type in “Small” and choose:
o Blue Cross HMO (CACare) – Small Group
o Blue Cross PPO (Prudent Buyer) – Small Group
5. Hit “Continue” and complete the questions
6. Hit “Search”
When looking up providers by name, make sure you have the correct spelling. It also helps if you include the location and the name. Also, some doctors have multiple specialties so be aware that they may come up under different options such as “Surgery” vs. “Orthopedics” for example.