Covered California has extended the deadline for applying for a January 1st effective date to 12/23/13. The deadline for payment of your first premium is likely to be extended as well. Currently when we log in we see deadlines for payment of 12/26/13, but also 1/7/14.
We have started the majority of the applications online and will start the rest over the weekend. Once we’ve started your application we will email you to confirm your status and login information. There are MANY applications that cannot be completed because of missing or incorrect information. This is often due to the differences between the paper applications that you completed, and the online application which does not ask exactly the same questions. We will be calling you or emailing over the weekend to obtain the missing information.
If we have emailed you your login and password information you can log in and confirm information, view your eligibility status, report changes or upload requested documentation. Many of you have receved “Conditional Eligibility” for the premium tax credit and/or cost sharing reduction. Most of you with conditional eligibility have been asked to provide proof of income. This information should be uploaded through your online account so that it will be matched with your application. Faxing information will cause delays. Most of you have a deadline of 1/31/14 to provide this information.
Below is a list of items that Covered California has stated are acceptable forms of proof of income. As you will see, the list is quite varied. A copy of last year’s tax return is likely a good option to upload. In addition, you may want to include proof of income to date for household members. This could be a check stub, statement from your broker for commissions paid to date, etc.
- Copy of last year’s federal tax return along with federal schedule E that accurately reflects current income
- Other documents to support Proof of Rental Income
- Receipts displaying gross profit and expenses
- Business records such as profit and loss statements
- Copy of last year’s federal tax return along with federal schedule C. D, E, or F as appropriate that accurately reflects current income
- Other documents to support Self Employment Income
- Court papers
- District Attorney/Family Support (DAFS ) records
- Copy of check
- Copy of pay stub
- Copy of pay stub showing garnishment specified for alimony
- Sworn affidavit from absent parent
- Other documents to support spousal income and child support
- Award letter or most recent cost-of-living increase notice
- Current bank statement
- Copy of the current benefit check
- Signed statement from the individual or organization providing the income
- Copy of last year’s federal tax return that accurately reflects current income
- Gift income letter
- Other documents to support Proof of Unearned Income
- Pay stub
- Copy of last year’s federal tax return that accurately reflects the current income
- Signed letter from employer that displays the gross income, payment frequency, and date of paycheck
- Other documents to support Proof of Earned Income
- Form 1099
- Bank statement
- Investment account statement
- Payment records (notes and mortgages)
- Other documents to support Proof of Interest Income
- Lease or sales agreement
- Records such as gross rents and expense receipts
We are still struggling to return calls and have staff working 10-12 hours a day, 7 days a week to get through the calls and emails. We understand your frustration and we are working hard to get back to our normal service standard. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience.
If you have a specific question about your application or login, please email email@example.com or call (800) 939-8088, Ext. 204.